My favourites for 2013


With the new year upon us, its time to look at the trends for 2013, brace yourself. I'll also run down my favourites of 2012 that I am personally keeping around.

 
New for 2013
 
Colour; as determined by the experts. It is always interesting to see the paint colour choices for the upcoming year. Here are my top picks, and one thats questionable.


Behr Website
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Behr has featured a lot of pink in their 2013 lineup, which makes me happy as a 'closet pink fan'. Though, DO NOT get confused with Dusty Rose, leave that in the 80's and 90's.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2013-paint-trends-farrowandball.jpg
Style at Home Website
 
 
Farrow and Ball's French Grey, as seen on StyleatHome.com, has a warmer green tone to it. This shade is really nice for a traditional look and also adds romance and warmth.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Tanner's Brown
Farrow & Ball Website






Also out of Farrow and Ball is Tanner's Brown, chosen by the good people at House and Home. They claim this colour would be good in a front hallway, I agree. I would also love to see this in a powder room with white porcelain and crystal and gold fixtures.















Home office room in yellow Benjamin Moore paint
Benjamin Moore Website




According to Benjamin Moore, the colour of the year is "Lemon Sorbet".

Personally, I am NOT a fan of this, but I can say that this shade of yellow will work in many colour pallettes, just not any of mine.












I am always thinking ahead about what my next look will be and with the potential to move again in 2013, the thinking process is intensifying. I have rounded up a few of my favourites from 2012 that I think are worthy enough to not only move with me to our next place, but move to 2013. Take a look.

Can you ever have enough grey? No. Going into 2013, I still love the dark, bold greys.

Fiorella Design



Layering Rugs is still a favourite for me.


Elle Decor

 
Brass and gold accessories, still love them.

Spearmint Decor
 

Extra large panel art; on canvas or framed, I still think this style is a hit.

Decor Pad

Herringbone in upholstery, rugs, and accessories is one of my personal favourites. I can't wait to upholster a chair in Herringbone in 2013!

Herringbone rug, Houzz


2013 will be as great as 2012!

Happy New Year!

Comments